Author: Bob William
Many people these days are looking for ways to take control of their income by starting their own home-based business. The decision to start a cleaning business can be very rewarding and lucrative. Whether focusing on residential or commercial businesses they provide many great benefits:
• low start-up costs
• the ability to reach profitability quickly
• easily worked part-time and built into full-time businesses
• flexibility of hours depending on the type of cleaning service you provide (bankers hours or overnight hours)
• considered recession-proof by many when targeting commercial businesses
Like any other venture in life, starting a cleaning business successfully does not happen overnight. It will take plenty of sweat and hard work. It will also require a strategic approach. One key to success in business, whether cleaning or any other business for that matter, is having a formula. Most service-based businesses (cleaning, lawn-care, pressure-washing, etc) share the same basic principles of operation. The growth of your cleaning business will be determined by how many people you are able to serve and how well you serve them; and to grow your cleaning business in quantity and quality there needs to be a method to your approach. Here is a basic formula I utilize when planning any start-up business:
Plan – start with a well thought-out strategy and road-map towards success to help you stay on track and focused
Proven Processes – systems bring consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness to what you do and how you do it while amplifying the fruit from working your plan
Perseverance- commitment to the plan + hard work to make it happen, good, bad or ugly, is a must for your plan to bear out long-term
A solid plan, solid system, and the commitment to work them relentlessly will result in great success in any endeavor you set your mind to. The next factor you will want to consider is how to get started in the cleaning business. There are three main ways to acquire and/or begin buliding your cleaning business success formula:
• Purchase a franchise – a franchise will provide you with a detailed and structured plan of attack, proven systems, and all the support you could need along the way. Although having everything laid out for you has its benefits, franchises can be very expensive while limiting you to ONLY their name, branding, processes, etc
• Dive in head first – this route of course may seem cheaper on the surface and allow you unlimited freedom to discover your own path towards starting your cleaning business, but the lack of guidance and best practices can result in costly mistakes. (not knowing how to properly bid on jobs can cost you tremendously by selling yourself short!)
• Investing in specialized training guides – this method provides the best of both worlds. By learning from the successes (and failures) of those experienced in successfully starting a cleaning business, you can strike the perfect balance of effective systems for success and the freedom to implement them how you see fit!
It is important that you perform your due diligence before launching your first cleaning business. The cleaning business can be one of the most challenging and rewarding decisions you make. Take the time to determine which approach suits your personality best. Prepare yourself mentally. Develop your plan and make the unwavering decision to commit to that plan until you achieve success!
About the Author
Bob William is a successful entrepreneur who specializes in starting service-oriented businesses. Visit his site to learn more about the best ways to start a successful cleaning businessShould You Start A Cleaning Business?